Hand made two level jewelry box ring organizer Wood Mother of pearl sea shell inlay with mirror!
Blue color cranes design!
A jewelry box to keep, organize, and protect jewelry, rings, chains, earrings, and bracelets. Attractive and funcional in home decor.
Mother of pearl inlay?
This Jewelry Box has been hand made using traditional Korean Mother of pearl inlay, Hanji, and lacquer-ware techniques. Mother of pearl inlaying is the handcrafting of sea shells. Oysters, mollusks, and abalone shells are lined naturally with crystals of calcium carbonate. These crystals produce iridescent colors when reflecting light. Hanji is the use of mulberry tree paper for art.
How is it made?
The wood box is covered with mulberry paper. Sea shells are inlaid into a design onto the box. The box is then glazed several times with protective lacquer. The result is a reflective item with a shiny finish. Because the crystals form naturally each inlay has a slightly unique look reflecting in light! Korean mother of pearl goods have been popular in Asia since the Goryeo dynasty 932-1392 AD.
- Measures: 7.3″ x 4.7″ x 4.3″ (18.5 x 12 x 11 cm)
- Weight: 28.6 oz (810g)
- Artisan hand made craftsmanship
- Upper ring tray that holds 12-15 rings
- Bottom storage drawers 3.9″ x 2.6″ x 1.2″ (10 x 6.5 x 3 cm)
- Mirror inside lid
- comes in a gift box ready for giving
A jewelry ring box an ideal gift for Christmas, valentines day, and birthdays.
- Korean jewelry box 2 level with drawers hand made Mother of Pearl sea shell Inlaid
- Glossy protective lacquer finish on mulberry papered wood Asian style craft for home decor
- Sized 7.3″ x 4.7″ x 4.3″ (18.5 x 12 x 11 cm) Mirror inside lid metal clasp and hinges soft felt inner lining
- Upper ring tray holds 12-15 rings lower drawers 3.9″ x 2.6″ x 1.2″ (10 x 6.5 x 3 cm) enough for chains earrings and bracelets
- Blue color cranes design comes in a gift box ready for gifting