Hand made wide jewelry box ring organizer Wood Mother of pearl sea shell inlay with mirror!
Peacock floral design!
A jewelry box to keep, organize, and protect jewelry, rings, chains, earrings, and bracelets. Attractive and funcional in home decor.
Mother of pearl inlay?
This Jewelry Box has been hand made using traditional Korean Mother of pearl inlay, Hanji, and lacquer-ware techniques. Mother of pearl inlaying is the handcrafting of sea shells. Oysters, mollusks, and abalone shells are lined naturally with crystals of calcium carbonate. These crystals produce iridescent colors when reflecting light. Hanji is the use of mulberry tree paper for art.
How is it made?
The wood box is covered with mulberry paper. Sea shells are inlaid into a design onto the box. The box is then glazed several times with protective lacquer. The result is a reflective item with a shiny finish. Because the crystals form naturally each inlay has a slightly unique look reflecting in light! Korean mother of pearl goods have been popular in Asia since the Goryeo dynasty 932-1392 AD.
- Measures: 8.9″ x 2.4″ x 4.7″ (22.5 cm x 6 cm x 12 cm)
- Weight: 20.8 oz (590g)
- Artisan hand made craftsmanship
- Removeable ring tray that holds 16 to 20 rings 3.9″ x 3.9″ x .8″ (10x10x2 cm)
- Storage when ring tray removed 8.3″ x 3.9″ x 1.2″ (21 x 10 x 3 cm)
- Mirror inside lid
- comes in a gift box ready for giving
A jewelry ring box an ideal gift for Christmas, valentines day, and birthdays.
- Korean jewelry box ring organizer hand made Mother of Pearl sea shell Inlaid
- Glossy protective lacquer finish on mulberry paper Asian style craft for home decor
- Sized 8.9″ x 2.4″ x 4.7″ (22.5 x 6 x 12 cm) storage for 16-20 rings and some earrings bracelets chains
- Mirror inside lid metal clasp and hinges soft red felt inner removable ring tray
- Peacocks floral design purple color comes in a gift box ready for gifting