The Art of the Wasted Day is a picaresque travelogue of leisure written from a lifelong enchantment with solitude. Patricia Hampl visits the homes of historic exemplars of ease who made repose a goal, even an art form. She begins with two celebrated eighteenth-century Irish ladies who ran off to live a life of “retirement” in rural Wales. Her search then leads to Moravia to consider the monk-geneticist, Gregor Mendel, and finally to Bordeaux for Michel Montaigne–the hero of this book–who retreated from court life to sit in his chateau tower and write about whatever passed through his mind, thus inventing the personal essay.
Hampl’s own life winds through these pilgrimages, from childhood days lazing under a neighbor’s beechnut tree, to a fascination with monastic life, and then to love–and the loss of that love which forms this book’s silver thread of inquiry. Finally, a remembered journey down the Mississippi near home in an old cabin cruiser with her husband turns out, after all her international quests, to be the great adventure of her life.
The real job of being human, Hampl finds, is getting lost in thought, something only leisure can provide. The Art of the Wasted Day is a compelling celebration of the purpose and appeal of letting go.
Sumgar has its own factory. According to the designs of its team, it makes products in different styles, including oil paintings on canvas, acrylic paintings, Mixed-media paintings, Watercolor paintings, Wood wall art.
In order to fulfill the requirements of different customers, it designs products of different styles, such as modern art, contemporary art, abstract art, famous art and pop art.
DOUBLE STRENGTHENING TECHNOLOGY:
The back of the wooden frame is both nailed and sealed with white masking tape.
PERFECTLY CUT CORNERS FOR A CLEAN LOOK:
Stretching canvas on a frame is an age-old practice that requires skill and knowledge. Sumgar’s team of experts hand-stretch each canvas to perfection and ensure the corners are perfectly folded and tucked.
2 Screw fixing plastic wall plugs
If you want more choices, please search “sumgar wall art“.
* Brand: SUMGAR
* Subject: Vintage Flower
* Material: Wood
* Package: Carton
* Color: Teal,White
* Dimensions: 16″x24″
* Framed: Yes
* Number of Pieces:1
We hope you’re pleased with your SUMGAR Art purchase.
Due to different brand of monitors, actual wall art colors may be slightly different from the product image.
If you can’t put the obvious holes on the wall, hang them with the command hooks or push pins or nails.
- DOUBLE STRENGTHENING TECHNOLOGY: the back is both nailed and sealed with white masking tape.
- STRETCHED BY HAND:Hand-stretch each canvas to perfection and ensure the corners are perfectly folded and tucked.
- STURDY CANVAS FRAME:1.2” thick wood bars and it is not easy to deformation.
- EASY TO HANG UP:Each panel has a metal hook already mounted on the wooden bar.
- FREE ACCESSORY:Screws included.If you can’t put the obvious holes on the wall, hang them with the push pins or nails.
#1 New York Times Bestseller Over 1 million copies sold In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be “positive” all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people. For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. “F**k positivity,” Mark Manson says. “Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it.” In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected American society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up. Manson makes the argument, backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes, that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to stomach lemons better. Human beings are flawed and limited—”not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault.” Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths, we can begin to find the courage, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, curiosity, and forgiveness we seek. There are only so many things we can give a f**k about so we need to figure out which ones really matter, Manson makes clear. While money is nice, caring about what you do with your life is better, because true wealth is about experience. A much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders-and-look-you-in-the-eye moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is a refreshing slap for a generation to help them lead contented, grounded lives.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
The clover is made from green slightly texture glass. Metal is chrome plated for extra shine and strength. Measures: 3″ x 3″. Note: Most stained glass contains air bubbles and/or striations in or on the glass. For the most part this is unavoidable and usually desirable. Also stained glass colors vary. These factors don’t effect the quality of glass or the finished product. All these effects vary from piece to piece. Free USPS First Class shipping.
These gem pieces are shaped using the round brilliant cut with variant. This cutting method maximizes scintillation of light as it passes through each gem. This gives it a mystifying sparkle and brilliant shine. Each piece is carefully hand cut and polished to bring out the gems potential as rays of light pass through it. Our gems are very eye catching and have an attractive appeal. These gem pieces can be displayed in the home or office. These collectible gems add color to any room and brighten up your living space. They can also be used as centerpieces for special events and ceremonies. Gives these to your guests as party favors.
- Round brilliant cut design allows light to reflect throughout the crystal
- Decorate your home or office with these gems, add some elegance to your décor
- Display them as center pieces or decoration for special events and ceremonies
- The cutting method maximizes scintillation of light as it passes through each gem
Celtic Glass Designs create significant and expressive gifts designed by Beverley Gallagher. In the UK the Robin is a traditional symbol associated with Christmas and is featured on numerous Christmas cards and decorations. It is associated with the birth of Christ and is believed to have acquired its red breast whilst making a fire to keep the baby Jesus warm as a burning ember caught the bird on the breast. Our Robin Red Breast design is available in complementary table napkins, table runner, table cloth and can be matched with the Hem Stitch table cloths and the Antique Damask table cloths. Window ‘Sun Catchers/Roundels’ are round glass decorations designed to hang in a window of the home. Various sizes of Sun Catcher/Roundel are produced by hand-painting directly onto the glass. The Window Art Roundels and Panels are framed with traditional stained glass lead, and hung with trace chain. All products are supplied with window suction cups. It is recommended to apply a smear of egg white on the back of the window suction cups to prevent them drying out in double glazed and drier window conditions. Supplied in burgundy and gold gift boxes. The Fat Robin is a popular Christmas design, and he is suitable for hanging in your window throughout the year, as he is pictured on a tree in leaf. A best seller!
- Celtic Glass Designs presents Winged Heart’s stunning hand painted glass giftware.
- Delivered from the UK within 7 to 10 days!; Dimensions: 6×6 inches; Constant Strong Sunlight should be avoided; symbolic and celebratory gift; colour as shown
- These significant and expressive gifts are ideal gifts for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, engagements, handfastings, christenings and other special events and celebrations
- see product listings for other designs in our decorative hand painted glass giftware range
- Beverley Gallagher of Celtic Glass Designs specialises in hand painted Celtic, Contemporary and Mackintosh-styled glassware and matching table linen
This is a handmade real flower item.Magic and pretty,these pendant necklaces with natural dry pressed flowers inside clear cross/bar glass shape.These flower transparent necklace will be an unforgettable present to you and the one you loved. Natural flowers inside your necklace make every necklace unique because there is no same flower petals.You can take the touch of nature with you whenever you go and whatever season is.
- Pendant size:6*3.5cm(2.4*1.4″) Chain length:46.5+6cm(18+2.4″)
- Material:White gold plated+ Real Flower + Glass, Nickel free,no allergic, no harmful to your health.
- Natural dry pressed flower and sea plant in glass terrarium necklace.A romantic gift for your lover,girlfriend,wife,mom,daughter adn sister,friends etc.
- Nature is always amazing, brings us brightness and good vibrations, reconnects us with earth energies.By wearing this real dry pressed flower,you can be more closed to the nature and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- A perfect gift for any occasion, great gift for mother’s Day,Birthday,Christmas Day, Anniversary Day, Thanksgiving Day, Valentines Day and Birthday to your Friends, Sisters, Daughter, Wife and Mom, etc, or just as a surprise to remind that special one how much you care!