Hand made wood jewelry box ring organizer Mother of pearl inlay with mirror!
Red color peacock design!
A ring box to keep, organize, and protect jewelry, rings, and watches. An attractive box that also can be used as a decorative piece in home decor.
Mother of pearl inlay?
This Jewelry Box has been hand made using traditional Korean Mother of pearl inlay, Hanji, and lacquer-ware techniques. Mother of pearl inlaying is the handcrafting of sea shells. Oysters, mollusks, and abalone shells are lined naturally with crystals of calcium carbonate. These crystals produce iridescent colors when reflecting light. Hanji is the use of mulberry tree paper for art.
How is it made?
The wood box is covered with mulberry paper. Sea shells are inlaid into a design onto the box. The box is then glazed with protective lacquer. The result is a reflective item with a shiny finish. Because the crystals form naturally each inlay has a slightly unique look reflecting in light! Korean mother of pearl goods have been popular in Asia since the Goryeo dynasty 932-1392 AD.
- measures: 5.5″ x 4.0″ x 2.3″ (14 cm x 10 cm x 6 cm)
- inside storage measures: 5.0″ x 3.0″ x 1.3″ (12.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- weight: 330 grams
- Artisan hand made craftsmanship
- red in color peacock design
- mirror inside lid
- butterfly clasp
- comes in a gift box ready for giving
A jewelry box ring organizer makes an ideal gift for Christmas, valentines day, birthday’s, wedding’s and other special occasions!
- Measures: 5.5″ x 4.0″ x 2.3″ (14 cm x 10 cm x 6 cm)
- Inside storage measures: 5.0″ x 3.0″ x 1.3″ (12.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- HAND MADE – Korean Mother of Pearl Inlay
- PROTECTIVE – Glossy Laquer finish
- VANITY – Inside Lid Mirror